Look Well To This Day

“Look well to this day, for it is life, the very life of life.

In it lies all the realities and verities of existence: the bliss of growth, the glory of action, splendor of beauty.

For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow only a vision.

But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day, for it and it alone is life!

Such is the salutation of the dawn.”

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Shutdown Fun!

Today's post is going to be short and sweet!


I work for a Bright Horizons(child care), who is a vendor for Toyota.
When Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana (TMMI)
shutdowns down in July (and in December), I have an automatic
weeks vacation. And that's where I am right now...on vacation at my 
computer at home!  No trips, however a few small plans, but  that
makes this time Sounds like card time!


This card was made for a special friend...I am ahead of schedule...not 
until the end of this month.  Happy Birthday Pearl!


I made a patch work using paper from Tim Holtz's Vintage Shabby paper stack. How I love his paper stacks!!  My image is from Elizabeth Dulemba coloring pages, isn't she darling?  I colors with Copics, adding some Stickles for some sparkle, and I colored some DMC Ecru cross stitched floss with Victoria Velvet Distressed Ink.  There you have it!

Until next time...Debbie

PS...Sorry for the lighting on my picture, it isn't very good!

2 comments:

  1. fun card! The mermaid is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, soooo cute Deb! I haven't tried any of the TH papers yet, but think I should after seeing your gorgeous card. Awesome image too! Hope you enjoyed your time off. hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete