Look Well To This Day

“Look well to this day, for it is life, the very life of life.

In it lies all the realities and verities of existence: the bliss of growth, the glory of action, splendor of beauty.

For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow only a vision.

But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day, for it and it alone is life!

Such is the salutation of the dawn.”

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Randy & Congrats to Toby!

Welcome back to A Touch of Me!  This past week of a lack of sleep, free dress at work, a 3 day work week and full of excitement and fun!

Early in the week as I so often find myself, I happened upon a new blog.  A very energetic Laura at The Paper  Trail  http://followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com  made this really neat Envelope Accordion Mini on  June 9th. I just had to give it a try for my hubby's birthday.

While hubby was outside being busy, I got busy hunting through a laundry basket full of memories. Not knowing when he might come into the house, I hurried though lots picture albums and pictures still in the envelope you receive after developing.  Asking myself over and over, do I want to use this picture or that picture.  After almost an hour of being sneaky, I settled on many great old pictures. As time was getting away from me, I went to my favorite office supply store and laser copied my favorite pictures.  I was sure it would be faster than getting pictures copied.  Now, to get the pictures and photo albums home, put back where they belonged and get to work creating something special for my hubby's 60th birthday!  I really enjoyed find the pictures and putting together this trip down memory lane for my hubby's birthday!  What do you think?






On Friday at 3 in the morning, Randy and I got up and ready to take off for Plainfield, Indiana.  It's near Indianapolis. Toby (Randy's son) was graduating from the  Indiana Law Enforcement Academy!  It was sooo worth it to me to have had taken Friday (June 9th) off from work, to be with Randy.


Toby  graduated from the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) yesterday morning as expected, but what wasn't expected were the 2 of 3 awards that were awarded to Toby. The Firearms Proficiency Award He received this top marksman award by scoring 238, 240 and 240 out of a possible 240. Toby was also awarded Herman H Freed Award.  Herman H. Freed died in 2004. Freed has  often been referred to as the "Father of the Law Enforcement Academy" as Freed immediately saw the need for appropriate training for recruits and was instrumental in ILEA's beginning. Of the 91 recruits who started out in Toby's class only 66 graduated. Toby also missed the Academic Achievement Award by only .03 of point.   WAY TO GO TOBY! 

To finish out the week, a celebration of Toby's graduation and Randy's birthday was had.  Boston Butts were smoked all day, lots of covered dishes were carried to the party and great music was played by Toby and his band.  Great enjoyment was had by family, friends and Toby and his fellow 6 graduating sheriff deputies.

Until next  time...   Debbie


Supplies used: Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper stack, Tim Holtz assorted idea-ology embellishment collections,  Tim Holtz dies Flourishes and Tatter Florals , Tim Holtz Distressing Tool, cover scripting is computer generated Angelic Wars font, assorted comments also computer generated. An assortment of cardstock from my stash.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb! Gosh, I'm sooooooo behind in visiting!! Wow, your photo/memory holder is gorgeous. I love it, and think I might have to try this. Very cool, I'm sure Randy loved it! And wow, congrats on the major accomplishment by his son!! Holy cow, that's awesome! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete