Look Well To This Day

“Look well to this day, for it is life, the very life of life.

In it lies all the realities and verities of existence: the bliss of growth, the glory of action, splendor of beauty.

For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow only a vision.

But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day, for it and it alone is life!

Such is the salutation of the dawn.”

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wow, the BIG Walk is Getting Sooo Close

I can't believe it has taken me sooo long to come back to this blog.  I have been knee deep 
in helping my daughter Misty and her walking partner/friend Rayna get ready for their 
Komen for the Cure 60 Miles in 3 Days walk in Tampa Halloween weekend!.  We have 
another (even bigger)BIG fundraiser this weekend. We are having 6 bands, 
Car & Motorcycle Show,  Cornhole tourney, great food, friends and fun at a local 
night hot spot!!   Sure hope we can pull off a BIG monetary commitment for the walk.  
I have my fingers crossed...

In the mean time I have been trying to make Scrabble and Domino pendants to sell at 
the BIG fundraiser. What a labor of love this has been.  It seems I get it right and 
all of sudden a corner lifts her and there. I am not down, but they won't be 
ready for the weekend the fundraiser!  Here are a few pic of this 
labor of love in progress!

First up...this is what our living room floor currently looks like...ugh!  My hubby 
has been so understanding...I love you sweetheart!!

Next up is a look at the beginning of the real frustration.  


I want it to look...Oh, let's say 
P-E-R-F-E-C-T 
and I won't sell unless they do!  


There is more work to be done and when they are finished to my perfection...I will sell them at work, to friends, family and on Etsy!

I hope it won't be too long before I return, but for now...

Thanks for stopping...
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. these are so, SO cute, Debbie! Great job! (hee hee on your messy floor pics, I hear ya, girl!!)

    ReplyDelete